This is my first post in a while, and I am very excited to get back into a regular schedule on the blog. I found myself very busy in December and I have just felt uninspired lately. I honestly think this is partly due to being busy, not being in my normal schedule, and developing some unhealthy habits over the holidays. All of this combined has just put me in a funk. This is why my first post of 2019 is all about healthy habits I want to keep, start, and start again.
- Exercise 5-7 days a week – This is a healthy habit I would like to keep this year. I just feel better when I exercise regularly.
- Drink hot lemon water in the AM – I did this for a while, and I honestly don’t know why I stopped. It’s best to drink this on an empty stomach to boost your energy. it also supports healthy digestion and can reduce bloating. (These are a few benefits I found when I was drinking this regularly.)
- Exercise in the AM – I used to regularly exercise in the morning, and it was a great way to start my day. It’s very difficult exercising first thing in the morning though. I would like to start making this more of a priority this year.
- No phone in bed – This is a healthy habit I am trying to start this year. The blue lights from our phones are harmful to our eyes. There have also been studies that show the blue light also keeps our brain from releasing melatonin, so it could be disrupting our sleep.
- Read the Bible daily – This is more of a spiritual healthy habit. I’ve been very good about reading the Bible daily in the past, but I’ve been slacking. I will read Bible studies often, but I’ve found my time reading the Bible has lessened.
- Restart my ideal morning routine – For several months I had a morning routine that I really liked, and I have no idea why I stopped it. I would get up, exercise, shower, make my hot lemon water and read the Bible, eat breakfast, and then get dressed for work. I hope to ease myself back into this healthy habit.
Starting and keeping habits is definitely not easy. You have to really want it, and I also think you should have someone to keep you accountable. Now that I have shared my healthy habits of 2019, let me know yours and we can keep each other accountable!