It is unbelievable to me that it is almost Valentine’s Day. 2019 is already flying by. I know Valentine’s Day is a weird holiday. Some people love it, some people hate it. I am one of those who love it, so I thought I would share why I love it and give some outfit and decor inspiration.
I completely understand why some people do not like Valentine’s Day. They think it is a fake holiday for people to show how much they love someone by the things they do or what they buy them. I am here to tell you that is not why I love Valentine’s Day. With our without a significant other, I have always loved it.
I think it is a great day to remind us all of the wonderful people in our lives. That can be parents, boyfriends, husbands, best friends, or co-workers. It’s a day to remind us that we should always show each other how much we care. Not by buying things, but by truly showing you care. Some of the best Valentine’s Day’s I have had didn’t involve gifts. If you don’t have a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife then spend the day with friends. Watch a great movie with your friends and drink some wine. If you do have a significant other, don’t try to outdo other people. Cook a meal together and spend a night in, off your phones.
Now that we are on the same page about how great Valentine’s Day is and what you can do, let me share some cute V-Day inspired pieces I have found for us to wear and to decorate with!
- I am in love with this distressed heart sweater. Dress it up for work with some dress pants and heels and then pair it with jeans or sweats and tennis shoes for a night in.
- This “Say You’ll Be Wine” tank is just cute. I think it would be a great festive workout tank.
- Who doesn’t love a good pair of themed socks? I clearly do because I have three pairs on here.These heart socks would be very cute peeking out from under your jeans.
- You can’t go wrong with a muscle tank. This one is perfect because it will look festive on V-day, but you can wear it anytime of the year!
- I truly believe you should have pajamas to match every holiday. This set from Target is so cute and very affordable!
- This Be Mine tee is from an adorable boutique called Poppy & Dot. They have such fun pieces. I think you could absolutely get away with wearing this tee to work on V-Day. Just pair it with some dress pants and a blazer.
- Another great pajama set. These are great though because they could be worn any time of the year.
- I probably wouldn’t decorate my house quite as much as Christmas time, but I love the idea of adding in some festive V-Day pieces. This heart table runner is perfect. It is subtle, pretty, and super easy to change out after Valentine’s Day.
- A throw pillow is another great way to easily add some V-Day pieces into your home. I also really like that this one is gray and not pink or red.
- I’ve already said it, I love socks and I love Valentine’s Day. These would be a cute gift for your girlfriends!
- This piece is much less subtle, but still a super easy way to decorate in your home. These are red, heart-shaped placemats, and I am really liking them.
- I have a coffee cup problem (Jackson says I’m not allowed to buy anymore), so I of course saw this mug set and fell in love! How sweet for you and your husband/boyfriend to have this matching set.
- Another pair of great socks to cozy up in on Valentine’s Day. These gray crew socks are perfect for a night in.
- I couldn’t forget about V-Day treats. Start your day with heart shaped muffins or egg muffins for a healthier version in this heart-shaped pan.
These are just a few things I saw that I felt needed to be shared. So tell me, do you love Valentine’s day, or do you now love Valentine’s Day?